The most important requirement for becoming a foster parent is love.
If you’re interested in making a difference in someone’s life, then you’re already well on your way to becoming a foster parent. We have foster families who are single, married, empty-nesters, LGBTQ, families with children and families without children. Our screening process is designed to ensure that you are equipped to provide a safe and nurturing environment for a child to thrive.
Beyond love and desire, there are some other requirements for becoming a foster parent. You must:
- Be at least 21 years old to foster in Indiana and 25 years old to foster in Tennessee or Georgia
- Be a high school graduate
- Have reliable auto insurance coverage
- Be able to complete a background check
- Be able to submit three letters of recommendation