Who can foster?
The most important requirement for becoming a foster parent is love.
If you’re interested in making a difference in someone’s life, then you’re already well on your way to becoming a foster parent. We have foster families who are single, married, empty-nesters, LGBTQ, families with children and families without children. Our screening process is designed to ensure that you are equipped to provide a safe and nurturing environment for a child to thrive.
Foster Parent Requirements
Beyond love and desire, there are some other requirements for becoming a foster parent. You must:
- Be at least 21 years old to foster in Indiana and 25 years old to foster in Tennessee
- Be a high school graduate
- Have reliable auto insurance coverage
- Be able to complete a background check
- Be able to submit three letters of recommendation
Some requirements vary depending on the state in which you live. For more information on these requirements, please fill out an interest form or call 844-936-7837 (844-9-FOSTER).
Foster Care FAQs
Have questions? Get answers to our most frequently asked questions on our FAQ page.